Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
There are established within the Department of Health and Social Services the programs and functions of volunteer services involving all of the powers, duties and functions heretofore performed within the Division of Volunteer Services of the Department of Community Affairs pursuant to former § 8629 [repealed] of Title 29, as follows, which shall be performed by the Director, or the Director's duly authorized designee, with the approval of the Secretary:
(1) Encourage and enable persons from all walks of life and from all age groups to perform constructive volunteer services;
(2) Establish methods for supporting and promoting private sector leadership and responsibility for meeting public needs;
(3) Promote communication and collaboration between public and private volunteer programs in the State and between the State and the private sector's initiatives in meeting human needs;
(4) Develop, implement and maintain a volunteer clearing house to disseminate information on volunteer opportunities in the State;
(5) Develop strategies for more effective contributions of time, talent and resources for community projects by businesses, foundations, religious and civic groups and others;
(6) Collect, maintain and share information on private initiatives, community, partnerships and creative solutions undertaken by businesses, foundations, voluntary organizations, religious institutions and other private sector groups in the State, in order to promote their broader use;
(7) Provide, or arrange for training and technical assistance to public and private organizations engaged in volunteer recruitment and programming;
(8) Develop, implement and maintain a State plan for public recognition and support of individual volunteer efforts and successful or promising private sector initiatives and public/private partnerships which address community needs;
(9) Identify obstacles to private sector initiatives and citizen participation and develop resources and systems which not only eliminate such obstacles but which also provide new incentives to encourage citizens and the private sector to volunteer and/or undertake new community service initiatives;
(10) Directly administer those statewide volunteer programs which are currently administered within the Department of Health and Social Services and any other such volunteer program which may subsequently be assigned to this Department by the Governor or the General Assembly;
(11) Serve as the State's liaison to the Federal ACTION Agency and to other appropriate national and state organizations which relate to this section; and
(12) Assume such other powers, duties and functions as the Secretary may assign which are in keeping with this section and not otherwise inconsistent with the law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 29. State Government § 7914. Volunteer services - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-29-state-government/de-code-sect-29-7914/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.