(a) All regulations, except those specifically exempted, shall be adopted according
to the requirements of this chapter.
(b) Regulations of the following types are exempted from the procedural requirements
of this chapter and may be adopted informally:
(1) Descriptions of agency organization, operations and procedures for obtaining information;
(2) Rules of practice and procedure used by the agency;
(3) Delegations of authority to subordinates;
(4) Nonsubstantive changes in existing regulations to alter style or form or to correct
(5) Amendments to existing regulations to make them consistent with changes in basic
law but which do not otherwise alter the substance of the regulations; and
(6) Codifications of existing agency or judicial principles of decision derived from
previous decisions and rulings.
Any regulation adopted pursuant to this subsection, along with a copy of the order
adopting said regulation, shall be filed with the Registrar of Regulations, and the
regulation so filed shall become the official regulation as defined in § 1132 of this title.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.