(1) A reference to this chapter and an expression of the intention to submit the property
to the provisions of this chapter;
(2) A description of the land and building;
(3) The name by which the property will be known;
(4) A statement that the property is to consist of units and common elements as shown
in a declaration plan;
(5) A description of the common elements and the proportionate undivided interest
expressed as a percentage assigned to each unit therein, provided the sum of the undivided
interests in the common elements allocated at any time to all the units must equal
1 if stated as a fraction or 100 percent if stated as a percentage, except for minor
variations due to rounding. In the event of any discrepancy between an allocated interest and the result derived
from application of the pertinent formula, then the allocated interest prevails;
(6) A statement that the proportionate undivided interest in the common elements may
be altered by the recording of an amendment duly executed by all unit owners affected
(7) A statement of the purposes or uses for which each unit is intended and restrictions,
if any, as to use;
(8) The names of the first members of council;
(9) Any further details in connection with the property which the party or parties
executing the declaration may deem appropriate.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.