Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Upon payment of the appropriate fee and submission and acceptance of a written application on forms provided by the Board, the Board shall grant a license to practice dentistry or dental hygiene to each applicant, who shall present proof of current licensure in “good standing” in another state, the District of Columbia, or territory of the United States, who meets the following criteria:
(1) Has maintained the applicant's license in “good standing” and has satisfied all requirements of § 1122(c)(2)-(7) of this title.
(2) Shall, subject to subsection (b) of this section, have passed the examinations required in § 1123(b)(1), (2) and (3) of this title.
(3) For licensure as a dentist, has received a degree in dentistry from an accredited dental college or university accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
(4) For licensure as a dentist, shall submit proof that the applicant has had 3 years of active dental practice in another state, the District of Columbia or a territory of the United States.
(5) Shall submit proof of current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) technique in accordance with regulations adopted by the Board.
(b) An applicant for licensure as a dental hygienist, who shall have practiced for a minimum of 3 of the last 5 years in the state in which the applicant currently is or has been licensed, may be licensed provided that the applicant meets the qualifications of paragraphs (a)(1), (2), and (5) of this section, except for the completion of the practical examination.
(c) All applicants for licensure under this section shall have remained academically current through continuing education or otherwise, as determined by the Board.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 24. Professions and Occupations § 1124. Dentists and dental hygienists licensed in other jurisdictions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-24-professions-and-occupations/de-code-sect-24-1124/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.