Delaware Code Title 18. Insurance Code § 6405. Suspension or revocation of certificate of authority
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Commissioner may, after a hearing, suspend or revoke the certificate of authority of a managed care organization for any of the following causes:
(1) If the managed care organization is no longer qualified therefor under this chapter;
(2) For a violation by the managed care organization of any provision of this chapter;
(3) Upon any applicable ground under this chapter or any of the chapters specified in § 6411 of this title for which the certificate of authority of an insurer may be suspended or revoked;
(4) If the managed care organization is operating in a manner which deviates substantially, in a manner detrimental to its enrollees, from the plan of operation described by it in securing its certificate of authority;
(5) If the managed care organization does not have in effect arrangements to provide the quantity and quality of health-care services required by its enrollees; or
(6) If the continued operation of the managed care organization would be detrimental to the health or well-being of its enrollees needing services.
(b) Proceedings in regard to any hearing held pursuant to this section shall be conducted in accordance with provisions for case decisions as set forth in the Administrative Procedures Act, Chapter 101 of Title 29, and any applicable rules and regulations of the Department. Any decision rendered following a hearing shall set forth the findings of fact and conclusions of the Department as to any violations of this chapter, and shall also set forth the reasons for the Department's choice of any sanction to be imposed. The Department's choice of sanction shall not be disturbed upon appeal, except for abuse of discretion.
(c) Suspension of a certificate of authority pursuant to this section shall not prevent a managed care organization from continuing to serve all its enrollees as of the date the Department issues a decision imposing suspension, nor shall it preclude thereafter adding as enrollees newborn children or other newly acquired dependents of existing enrollees. Unless otherwise determined by the Department and set forth in its decision, a suspension shall, during the period when it is in effect, preclude all other new enrollments and also all advertising or solicitation on behalf of the managed care organization other than communication, approved by the Department, which are intended to give information as to the effect of the suspension.
(d) In the event that the Department decides to revoke the certificate of authority of a managed care organization, the decision so providing shall specify the time and manner in which its business shall be concluded. In any case, after the Department has issued a decision revoking a certificate of authority, unless stayed in connection with an appeal, the managed care organization shall not conduct any further business except as expressly permitted in the Department's decision and it shall engage only in such activities as are directed by the Department are required to assist its enrollees in securing continued health care coverage.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 18. Insurance Code § 6405. Suspension or revocation of certificate of authority - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-18-insurance-code/de-code-sect-18-6405/
Was this helpful?