Delaware Code Title 18. Insurance Code § 4705. Application for permit
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Written application for any permit required under § 4702 of this title shall be filed with the Commissioner. The application shall show or be accompanied by:
(1) The name, type and purpose of the insurer, corporation, syndicate, association, firm or organization formed or proposed to be formed or financed;
(2) The name, residential address, business background and qualifications of each person associated or to be associated in the enterprise or in the formation of the proposed insurer, corporation, syndicate, association, firm or organization or in the proposed financing;
(3) Full disclosure of the terms of all pertinent understandings and agreements existing or proposed among persons so associated or to be associated, and a copy of each such agreement relating to the proposed financing or insurer, corporation, syndicate, association, firm or organization or the formation thereof;
(4) The plan according to which solicitations are to be made;
(5) A copy of any security, receipt or certificate proposed to be issued and a copy of any proposed application or subscription agreement;
(6) A copy of any prospectus, offering circular, advertising or sales literature or material proposed to be used;
(7) A copy of the proposed form of any escrow agreement required;
(8) Irrevocable appointment of the Commissioner as process agent to receive service of process issued in this State and arising out of any transaction under the permit, if issued. The Commissioner shall prescribe and furnish the form of such appointment;
(9) A copy of the certificate of incorporation or charter of the insurer or proposed insurer or of any other corporation proposing to offer its securities, certified by the public official having custody of the original thereof, and a copy of any syndicate, association, firm, organization or other similar agreement by whatever name called if funds for any of the purposes referred to in § 4702 of this title are to be secured through the sale of any security, interest or right in or relative to such syndicate, association, firm or organization, and, if the insurer is or is to be a reciprocal insurer, a copy of the power of attorney and of other agreements existing or proposed affecting subscribers, investors, the attorney-in-fact or the insurer; and
(10) Such additional pertinent information as the Commissioner may reasonably require.
(b) The application shall be accompanied by deposit of the fees required under § 701 (fee schedule) of this title for the filing of the application and for issuance of the permit, if granted.
(c) In lieu of a special filing thereof of information called for in subsection (a) of this section, the Commissioner may, in his or her discretion, accept a copy of any pertinent filing made with the Securities and Exchange Commission relative to the same offering.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 18. Insurance Code § 4705. Application for permit - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-18-insurance-code/de-code-sect-18-4705/
Was this helpful?