Delaware Code Title 16. Health and Safety § 7802. Definitions
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this chapter, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
(1) “Asbestos” includes chrysotile, amosite, crocidolite, tremolite asbestos, anthophyllite asbestos, actinolite asbestos and any of these minerals that has been chemically treated and/or altered.
(2) “Asbestos abatement” shall mean any of the following activities except those which may be considered incidental during normal day-to-day operations and maintenance:
a. Demolition or salvage of structures where asbestos is present;
b. Removal or encapsulation of materials containing asbestos;
c. Construction, alteration, repair, maintenance, demolition or renovation of structures, substrates or any portions thereof, that contain asbestos;
d. Installation of products containing asbestos;
e. Asbestos spill/emergency cleanup; and
f. Transportation, disposal, storage or containment of asbestos, or products containing asbestos, on the site or location at which construction, alteration, repair, maintenance, demolition or renovation activities are performed.
(3) “Asbestos worker” shall mean any individual who performs asbestos abatement activities and/or work.
(4) “Contractor” shall mean any corporation, company, association, firm, partnership, society, joint-stock company, sole proprietorship or individual that contracts to perform asbestos abatement, including the removal or encapsulation of asbestos.
(5) “Friable asbestos material,” “friable material” or “asbestos material” shall mean any material containing more than 1 percent asbestos by weight, that hand pressure can crumble, pulverize or reduce to powder when dry, or is already dry and pulverized.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 16. Health and Safety § 7802. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-16-health-and-safety/de-code-sect-16-7802/
Was this helpful?