Skip to main content

Delaware Code Title 16. Health and Safety § 1112. Collection of civil penalties

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) All civil penalties collected under this chapter must be remitted to the Long-Term Care Residents' Trust Fund if based on a federal regulation, or to the State Civil Penalty Trust Fund, if based on a state statute or regulation.

(b) Payment of any civil penalty by a facility is not an allowable cost for reimbursement under the state Medicaid program or under other state-funded programs.

(c) If a long-term care facility, after notice and opportunity for hearing, does not pay a properly assessed penalty in accordance with this subchapter, the Department shall deduct the amount of the civil penalty from amounts otherwise due from the State to the long-term care facility and remit that amount to the State Civil Penalty Trust Fund.

(d) Alternatively, the Department may add the amount of the civil penalty to the licensing fee for the long-term care facility. If the licensee refuses to make the payment at the time of the application for renewal of its license, its license may not be renewed.

(e) The Department may also proceed for the collection of the civil money penalty in an action brought in the name of the Department in any court of competent jurisdiction.

(f) In the event of financial hardship, as determined by the Department, the Department may redirect the payment of penalties by the facility to take remedial action to correct the violation or violations.

Cite this article: - Delaware Code Title 16. Health and Safety § 1112. Collection of civil penalties - last updated January 01, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard