Delaware Code Title 14. Education § 4203. Duties and authorities
Search Delaware Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
To achieve the purposes set forth in § 4201 of this title:
(1) The Center shall be responsible for deploying and/or assisting in the deployment of educational technology to enable students, through the use of technology, to meet the academic achievement standards set by the State of Delaware through the Department of Education and its State Board of Education and to develop the skills needed by a world-class workforce.
(2) The Center shall be responsible for providing support to the several school districts and to the Department of Education for the acquisition, implementation and operation of: telecommunications systems and networks; computers; audio and video equipment; transmission equipment and such other equipment and processes necessary to provide modern telecommunications and computing resources. The Center shall also provide support for the training of public education employees in the use, operation and maintenance of such equipment and processes.
(3) The Center shall have the capacity to sue and be sued, and the Center and its employees shall be entitled to the same privileges and immunities of any political subdivision of the State pursuant to the Tort Claims Act, Chapter 40 of Title 10.
(4) The Center shall consult with and coordinate its activities with the Government Support Services Section of the Office of Management and Budget. Notwithstanding the previous sentence, the Center shall be subject to the same procurement and purchasing policies as required by Title 29 of Chapter 69.
(5) The Center shall be subject to the provisions of subchapter IV of Chapter 63 of Title 29 [see now the Department of Technology and Information in Chapter 90C of Title 29], as directed by the Office of Information Systems. The Center shall ensure the ability of public school districts to transmit and receive information in formats acceptable to parties that require access to administrative or educational information as determined by the Governor, the General Assembly or the Department of Education.
(6) The Center, in partnership with the Department of Education and the Office of Information Systems, is authorized to establish statewide policies and procedures for the access of state-provided computer networks. This includes, but is not limited to, acceptable use and copyright policies. Statewide policies will be developed through a collaborative process involving major education constituencies. School districts may develop more restrictive policies and procedures, but school districts may not modify their procedures to bypass state requirements.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 14. Education § 4203. Duties and authorities - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-14-education/de-code-sect-14-4203/
Was this helpful?