Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Upon receipt of an income-withholding order, the obligor's employer shall immediately provide a copy of the order to the obligor.
(b) The employer shall treat an income-withholding order issued in another state which appears regular on its face as if it had been issued by a tribunal of this State.
(c) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (d) of this section and § 6-503 of this title, the employer shall withhold and distribute the funds as directed in the withholding order by complying with terms of the order which specify:
(1) The duration and amount of periodic payments of current child-support, stated as a sum certain;
(2) The person designated to receive payments and the address to which the payments are to be forwarded;
(3) Medical support, whether in the form of periodic cash payment, stated as a sum certain, or ordering the obligor to provide health insurance coverage for the child under a policy available through the obligor's employment;
(4) The amount of periodic payments of fees and costs for a support enforcement agency, the issuing tribunal, and the obligee's attorney, stated as sums certain; and
(5) The amount of periodic payments of arrearages and interest on arrearages, stated as sums certain.
(d) An employer shall comply with the law of the state of the obligor's principal place of employment for withholding from income with respect to:
(1) The employer's fee for processing an income-withholding order;
(2) The maximum amount permitted to be withheld from the obligor's income; and
(3) The times within which the employer must implement the withholding order and forward the child-support payment.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 13. Domestic Relations § 6-502. Employer's compliance with income-withholding order of another state - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-13-domestic-relations/de-code-sect-13-502-nr2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?