Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A person is guilty of unlawfully dealing with a dangerous weapon when:
(1) The person possesses, sells or in any manner has control of:
a. A weapon which by compressed air or by spring discharges or projects a pellet, slug or bullet, except a BB or air gun which does not discharge or project a pellet or slug larger than a BB shot; or
b. A pellet, slug or bullet, intending that it be used in any weapon prohibited by paragraph (1)a. of this section; or
(2) The person sells, gives or otherwise transfers to a child under 16 years of age a BB or air gun or spear gun or BB shot, unless the person is that child's parent or guardian, or unless the person first receives the permission of said parent or guardian; or
(3) Being a parent, the person permits the person's child under 16 years of age to have possession of a firearm or a BB or air gun or spear gun unless under the direct supervision of an adult; or
(4) The person sells, gives or otherwise transfers to a child under 18 years of age a firearm or ammunition for a firearm, unless the person is that child's parent or guardian, or unless the person first receives the permission of said parent or guardian; or
(5) The person sells, gives or otherwise transfers a firearm to any person knowing that said person intends to commit any felony, class A misdemeanor or drug related criminal offense while in possession of said firearm.
Unlawfully dealing with a firearm or dangerous weapon is an unclassified misdemeanor, unless the person is convicted under paragraph (4) of this section, in which case it is a class G felony, or unless the person is convicted under paragraph (5) of this section, in which case it is a class E felony.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Delaware Code Title 11. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1445. Unlawfully dealing with a dangerous weapon; unclassified misdemeanor - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/de/title-11-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/de-code-sect-11-1445/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?