District of Columbia Code Division V. Local Business Affairs § 32-1412.01. Youth Apprenticeship Advisory Committee.
Search District of Columbia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) There is established within the Department of Employment Services a Youth Apprenticeship Advisory Committee. The members of the Committee shall be appointed by the Mayor in accordance with § 1-523.01(f).
(b) The Committee shall be composed of 11 members, as follows:
(1) Two representatives from the Apprenticeship Council;
(2) One employer whose business has an apprenticeship program;
(3) One representative from the University of the District of Columbia Community College;
(4) One representative from the Office of the State Superintendent of Education;
(5) One individual who holds a doctoral degree and specializes in labor economics with expertise in national and international apprenticeship systems;
(6) One representative of a nonprofit organization who is involved with employee training and workforce development;
(7) One representative from a local business organization;
(8) One representative from a local business trade association;
(9) One representative from a labor organization; and
(10) One representative from the Workforce Investment Council.
(c)(1) The Mayor shall designate the chairperson of the Committee.
(2)(A) Members of the Committee shall be appointed to serve 3-year terms, from the date of appointment.
(B) A Committee member may be reappointed.
(C) A person appointed to fill a vacancy occurring before the expiration of a predecessor's term shall be appointed to serve for the remainder of that term.
(D) A member may continue to serve after the expiration of the member's term until a successor is appointed, subject to § 1-523.01(c).
(d) The Committee shall:
(1) Based on a systematic review of relevant data, evaluate the effectiveness of youth apprenticeship programs in:
(A) The District of Columbia;
(B) States and municipalities; and
(C) Other countries;
(2) Review and identify:
(A) Ways to implement high school youth apprenticeship programs in the District of Columbia;
(B) The means through which employers and organizations can obtain grants, tax credits, or other subsidies to support the establishment and operation of high school youth apprenticeship programs; and
(C) The number of apprenticeship opportunities for youth that the District of Columbia needs to reach over the next 3 years; and
(3) On or before December 1 of each year, submit a report of its findings and recommendations to the Council of the District of Columbia.
(e) For the purposes of this section, the term “Committee” means the Youth Apprenticeship Advisory Committee established by this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division V. Local Business Affairs § 32-1412.01. Youth Apprenticeship Advisory Committee. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-v-local-business-affairs/dc-code-sect-32-1412-01/
Was this helpful?