District of Columbia Code Division V. Local Business Affairs § 31-3514.02. Establishment of Healthy DC and Health Care Expansion Fund.
Search District of Columbia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) There is established as a nonlapsing fund the Healthy DC and Health Care Expansion Fund (“Fund”). All funds deposited into the Fund, and any interest earned on those funds, shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time, but shall be continually available to support the Healthy DC Program, established by Chapter 6A of Title 4, and other medical assistance programs administered by the Department of Health Care Finance, without regard to fiscal year limitation, subject to authorization by Congress.
(b) There shall be deposited into the Fund:
(1) All tax revenue generated pursuant to § 31-3514.01;
(2) Any other local funds, including any fees, penalties, or other tax revenues required by District law, including the premium tax imposed on health maintenance organizations, as required by § 31-3403.01.
(3) Annual appropriations, if any;
(4) Federal grant funds;
(5) All fines and penalties collected pursuant to Chapter 6A of Title 4; and
(6) Grants, gifts, or subsidies from public or private sources.
(c) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section, for fiscal year 2010, up to $3.25 million from the Fund shall be utilized to support the following one-time allocations:
(1) An amount of $2.5 million shall support a grant to an acute care pediatric hospital in the District for the purpose of supporting operational expenses associated with the new pediatric emergency facility located at the United Medical Center; and
(2) Up to $750,000 to support operational expenses associated with the delivery of health care services at the D.C. Jail.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division V. Local Business Affairs § 31-3514.02. Establishment of Healthy DC and Health Care Expansion Fund. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-v-local-business-affairs/dc-code-sect-31-3514-02/
Was this helpful?