Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is established an Office of Urban Agriculture (“Office”) within DOEE.
(b) The mission of the Office shall be to encourage and promote urban, indoor, and other emerging agriculture practices in the District, including:
(1) Urban farms, including outdoor farms, rooftop farms, indoor farms, and greenhouses;
(3) Hydroponic, aeroponic, and aquaponic farm facilities; and
(4) Other innovations in urban agricultural production.
(c) The duties of the Office shall include:
(1) Developing and implementing District-wide policies and programs to promote urban farming and agriculture, including the Urban Farming Land Lease Program under § 48-402.01, the tax abatements under § 47-868, and subchapter II-A of Chapter 18 of subtitle E of Title 8;
(2) Collaborating with and providing guidance to other District agencies implementing urban agriculture programs;
(3) Engaging in outreach to share best practices, provide mentorship, and offer technical assistance with urban agriculture programs;
(4) Applying for and accepting agriculture grants on behalf of DOEE; and
(5) Issuing grants to urban farmers in the District for infrastructure and operating support.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 8-151.09a. Office of Urban Agriculture establishment. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-8-151-09a/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.