Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is established within the Department of Health Care Finance a Health Care Safety Net Administration to administer and monitor compliance with any contract that the Mayor makes, pursuant to § 7-1405, or that the District of Columbia Financial Responsibility Management Assistance Authority makes, with a health care entity to provide any of the health care functions provided by the Public Benefit Corporation pursuant to Chapter 11 of Title 44 and to perform such other functions as are set forth herein.
(b) The Health Care Safety Net Administration shall be responsible for all transition activities that result from contracting out the functions of the Public Benefit Corporation and that remain to be completed after abolition of the Public Benefit Corporation pursuant to section 9 of the Health Care Privatization Amendment Act of 2001, effective July 12, 2001 (D.C. Law 14-18; 48 DCR 4047), including the following:
(1) Termination and winding down of existing contracts of the Public Benefit Corporation;
(2) Completion of administrative proceedings and court litigation previously handled by the Office of the General Counsel of the Public Benefit Corporation or by private counsel retained by the Public Benefit Corporation;
(3) Coordination of court litigation involving the Public Benefit Corporation that is being handled by the Office of the Corporation Counsel;
(4) Arrangement of outstanding claims against the Public Benefit Corporation; and
(5) Arrangement for payment of lawful obligations of the Public Benefit Corporation that are assumed by the District of Columbia pursuant to § 7-1403.
(c) The Health Care Safety Net Administration shall exercise oversight of the services contracted by the Mayor pursuant to § 7-1405, or by the District of Columbia Financial Responsibility and Management Assistance Authority, to ensure that the health of the population is maintained and that the financial viability of the health care entity providing services exempted pursuant to section 8 of the Health Care Privatization Amendment Act of 2001, effective July 12, 2001 (D.C. Law 14-18; 48 DCR 4047), is addressed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 7-1401. Health Care Safety Net Administration establishment. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-7-1401/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.