District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 5-801. Definitions.
Search District of Columbia Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) “Conditional Retirement” means that a member has retired from the Metropolitan Police Department while under disciplinary investigation for serious misconduct.
(2) “Disciplinary Investigation” means any official investigation by the Metropolitan Police Department, including the Office of Internal Affairs, of allegations of serious misconduct by any member of the Metropolitan Police Department.
(3) “Resignation” means the voluntary separation of a member from the Metropolitan Police Department before the member's pension rights have accrued and vested.
(4) “Retirement” means the voluntary separation of a member from the Metropolitan Police Department after the member's pension rights, retirement pay, or other benefits have accrued and vested as provided by federal or District of Columbia law or regulation.
(5) “Serious Misconduct” means any felony violation of federal, local, or District of Columbia law, making of a false statement under oath, falsification of official records or reports, unnecessary force, comprising a felony or assisting a person to escape investigation or prosecution, use of illegal controlled substances, or other violations as determined by the Chief of Police by general order.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 5-801. Definitions. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-5-801/
Was this helpful?