(1) “Agency” includes all departments, entities, agencies, offices, or other subdivisions
of the executive and legislative branches of the government of the District of Columbia
as well as all independent boards, commissions, agencies, or other independent entities.
(2) “Director” means the director or head of the Department of Administrative Services,
or its successor agency, or his or her designated agent.
(3) “Government employee” includes members of any board or commission appointed by
the Mayor or Council, officers or employees paid by appropriated or grant funds authorized
for expenditure by the District of Columbia government, or an officer or employee
of any agency when acting in an official capacity.
(4) “Mass mailing” means the transmission through the mail during any 30-day period
of more than 100 newsletters or similar types of materials which contain substantially
(5) “Elected official” includes the Mayor, the Chairman of the Council, members of
the Council, and Chairman and members of the Board of Education.
(6) “Official mail” means the mail which is either prepaid or postpaid by any branch,
division, or other agency of the government of the District of Columbia.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.