Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) By October 1, 2013, the Mayor shall create a comprehensive resource guide for families who come into contact with the child welfare or juvenile justice systems. The guide shall include:
(1) A clear explanation of the rights and responsibilities of children and families;
(2) The role of District agencies, including the:
(A) Child and Family Services Agency;
(B) Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services;
(C) Department of Mental Health; and
(D) Department of Health Care Finance;
(3) The role of the courts;
(4) District government and non-governmental resources related to behavioral health, including contact information; and
(5) Websites for District government agencies and nongovernment resources related to behavioral health.
(b) The resource guide shall be:
(1) Made publicly available on the Internet;
(2) Updated as necessary, along with updates of the information described in subsection (a)(4) and (5) of this section; and
(3) Made available to other District agencies for distribution.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 2-1517.51. Family resource guide. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-2-1517-51/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.