Skip to main content

District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 1-626.08. Rules;  eligibility.

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) In order to ensure proper implementation of the District retirement program under § 1-626.05 by October 1, 1987, the Mayor may issue temporary rules regarding the District retirement program that shall not be subject to Council review.  These temporary rules shall remain in effect only until the proposed rules have been approved or been deemed approved by the Council in accordance with subsection (b) of this section.

(b) The Mayor shall, pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2, issue proposed rules to implement the provisions of this subchapter.  The proposed rules shall be submitted to the Council for a 45-day period of review, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, legal holidays, and days of Council recess.  If the Council does not approve or disapprove the proposed rules, in whole or in part, by resolution within this 45-day review period, the proposed rules shall be deemed approved.

(c) The proposed rules shall prescribe the time, manner, and conditions under which employees are eligible for coverage.  The proposed rules may exclude employees on the basis of the nature and type of employment or conditions of employment such as short-term appointment, seasonal employment, intermittent or part-time employment, and employment of a similar nature, but shall not exclude an employee or group of employees solely on the basis of hazardous nature of employment.

Cite this article: - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 1-626.08. Rules;  eligibility. - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard