Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The District of Columbia government shall pay compensation as specified by this subchapter for the disability or death of an employee resulting from personal injury sustained while in the performance of his or her duty, unless the injury or death is:
(1) Caused by willful misconduct of the employee;
(2) Caused by the employee's intention to bring about the injury or death of himself or herself or of another; or
(3) Proximately caused by the intoxication of the injured employee.
(b) No claim shall be allowed under this chapter for mental stress or an emotional condition or disease resulting from a reaction to the work environment or to an action taken or proposed by the employing agency involving the following:
(1) Employee's work performance, assignments, or duties;
(2) Promotion or denial of promotion;
(3) Adverse personnel action;
(5) Retrenchment or dismissal; or
(6) Provision of employment benefits.
(c) Pursuant to § 1-602.04(a), the limitation of liability described in subsection (b) of this section shall not apply to an employee whose date of hire was before January 1, 1980.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 1-623.02. Compensation for disability or death of employee. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-1-623-02/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.