The Department of Human Resources shall develop partnerships with schools and organizations,
including District of Columbia Public Schools high schools and public charter high
schools, adult education schools, and nonprofit organizations that prepare District
residents for District high school diplomas or high school equivalency credentials,
to foster employment applications from and the hiring of resident District graduates
into District government employment. These partnerships may include:
(1) Establishing a human resources recruiting unit or dedicating personnel to recruit
current and future resident District graduates to internships, apprenticeships, and
full-time employment in the District government;
(2) A system for students to learn about and apply for District government apprenticeships
(3) Paid internships in District government agencies;
(4) Mentoring by District government employees;
(5) Career exposure to a variety of District government jobs; and
(6) Information on entry-level jobs, including how to prepare to be a qualified applicant
and how to meet the suitability requirements outlined in Chapter 4 of Title 6-B of
the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (6-B DCMR § 400 et seq.).
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.