Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For the purposes of any act or resolution of the Council of the District of Columbia, unless specifically provided otherwise:
(1) The term “Council” means the Council of the District of Columbia established under § 1-204.01.
(2) The term “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District of Columbia established under § 1-204.21.
(3) The term “Act” means an Act of the Congress.
(4) The term “act” means an act of the Council.
(5) The term “District” means the District of Columbia.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - District of Columbia Code Division I. Government of District. § 1-301.47. Definition of terms set forth in acts and resolutions. - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/dc/division-i-government-of-district/dc-code-sect-1-301-47/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.