Connecticut General Statutes Title 46B. Family Law § 46b-36d. Content of premarital agreement
Search Connecticut General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Parties to a premarital agreement may contract with respect to:
(1) The rights and obligations of each of the parties in any of the property of either or both of them whenever and wherever acquired or located;
(2) The right to buy, sell, use, transfer, exchange, abandon, lease, consume, expend, assign, create a security interest in, mortgage, encumber, dispose of, or otherwise manage and control property;
(3) The disposition of property upon separation, marital dissolution, death, or the occurrence or nonoccurrence of any other event;
(4) The modification or elimination of spousal support;
(5) The making of a will, trust or other arrangement to carry out the provisions of the agreement;
(6) The ownership rights in and disposition of the death benefit from a life insurance policy;
(7) The right of either party as a participant or participant's spouse under a retirement plan;
(8) The choice of law governing the construction of the agreement; and
(9) Any other matter, including their personal rights and obligations.
(b) No provision made under subdivisions (1) to (9), inclusive, of subsection (a) of this section may be in violation of public policy or of a statute imposing a criminal penalty.
(c) The right of a child to support may not be adversely affected by a premarital agreement. Any provision relating to the care, custody and visitation or other provisions affecting a child shall be subject to judicial review and modification.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Connecticut General Statutes Title 46B. Family Law § 46b-36d. Content of premarital agreement - last updated June 28, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ct/title-46b-family-law/ct-gen-st-sect-46b-36d/
Was this helpful?