Connecticut General Statutes Title 42A. Uniform Commercial Code § 42a-2A-722 § 42a-2A-722. Lessor's action for the rent
Search Connecticut General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Upon a default by the lessee under the lease contract of the type described in subsection (a) or subdivision (1) of subsection (c) of section 42a-2A-716 or, if agreed, upon another default by the lessee, if the lessor complies with subsection (c) of this section, the lessor may recover from the lessee the damages specified in subsection (b) of this section for:
(1) Goods accepted by the lessee and not repossessed by or tendered to the lessor;
(2) Goods identified to the lease contract if the lessor is unable after reasonable effort to dispose of them at a reasonable price or the circumstances reasonably indicate such effort will be unavailing; and
(3) Conforming goods lost or damaged after risk of loss passes to the lessee, but if the lessor has retained or regained control of the goods, the loss or damage must occur within a commercially reasonable time after the risk of loss has passed to the lessee.
(b) The damages available under the circumstances described in subsection (a) of this section are:
(1) Accrued and unpaid rent as of the date of entry of judgment in favor of the lessor;
(2) The present value as of the same date of the rent for the then remaining lease term of the lease agreement; and
(c) Except as otherwise provided in subsection (d) of this section, a lessor shall hold for the lessee for the remaining period of the lease agreement any goods that have been identified to the lease contract and are in the lessor's control.
(d) A lessor may dispose of the goods at any time before collection of the judgment for damages obtained pursuant to subsection (a) of this section. If the disposition is before the end of the remaining period of the lease agreement, the lessor's recovery against the lessee for damages is governed by section 42a-2A-720 or 42a-2A-721, and the lessor shall provide an appropriate credit against a judgment for damages to the extent that the amount of the judgment exceeds the recovery available under section 42a-2A-720 or 42a-2A-721.
(e) Payment of the judgment for damages obtained under subsection (a) of this section entitles the lessee to the use and possession of the goods not then disposed of for the remaining period of, and in accordance with, the lease agreement.
(f) Upon default by the lessee under the lease contract of the type described in subsection (a) or subdivision (1) of subsection (c) of section 42a-2A-716 or, if agreed, upon other default by the lessee, a lessor that is not entitled to rent under this section is still entitled to damages for nonacceptance under section 42a-2A-720 or 42a-2A-721.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Connecticut General Statutes Title 42A. Uniform Commercial Code § 42a-2A-722 § 42a-2A-722. Lessor's action for the rent - last updated June 28, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ct/title-42a-uniform-commercial-code/ct-gen-st-sect-42a-2a-722/
Was this helpful?