Connecticut General Statutes Title 42. Business, Selling, Trading and Collection Practices § 42-103qq. Purchase contract statements
Search Connecticut General Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Each purchase contract shall contain the following language, in conspicuous type, or similar language or type if required by the jurisdiction in which the time share property or properties are located, with the developer's name and address, the date of the last day of the fiscal year and the address of the managing entity inserted where indicated:
“PURCHASER'S RIGHT TO CANCEL.
(1) BY SIGNING THIS CONTRACT YOU ARE INCURRING AN OBLIGATION TO PURCHASE A TIME SHARE INTEREST. YOU MAY, HOWEVER, CANCEL THIS CONTRACT WITHOUT PENALTY OR OBLIGATION BEFORE MIDNIGHT OF THE FIFTH CALENDAR DAY AFTER THE DATE YOU SIGN AND RECEIVE A COPY OF THE PURCHASE CONTRACT, OR RECEIVE THE REQUIRED TIME SHARE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT, WHICHEVER IS LATER.
(2) IF YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT, YOU MAY DO SO BY EITHER HAND-DELIVERING NOTICE OF CANCELLATION TO THE DEVELOPER, BY MAILING NOTICE BY PREPAID UNITED STATES MAIL OR BY FAXING NOTICE TO THE DEVELOPER OR THE DEVELOPER'S AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS, OR BY PROVIDING NOTICE BY OVERNIGHT COMMON CARRIER DELIVERY SERVICE TO THE DEVELOPER OR THE DEVELOPER'S AGENT FOR SERVICE OF PROCESS. YOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION IS EFFECTIVE ON THE DATE SENT, IF MAILED OR SENT BY OVERNIGHT COMMON CARRIER, OR WHEN TRANSMITTED FROM THE PLACE OF ORIGIN, IF FAXED, TO (INSERT NAME OF DEVELOPER) AT (INSERT ADDRESS OF DEVELOPER). FOR YOUR PROTECTION, SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO CANCEL YOU SHOULD EITHER SEND YOUR NOTICE OF CANCELLATION BY CERTIFIED MAIL WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED OR OBTAIN A SIGNED AND DATED RECEIPT IF DELIVERING IT IN PERSON OR BY OVERNIGHT COMMON CARRIER.
(3) A PURCHASER SHOULD NOT RELY ON STATEMENTS OTHER THAN THOSE INCLUDED IN THIS CONTRACT AND THE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
(4) SHOULD YOU CANCEL, ANY PAYMENTS MADE BY YOU UNDER THE CONTRACT AND ANY NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT EXECUTED BY YOU WILL BE RETURNED WITHIN TWENTY BUSINESS DAYS FOLLOWING RECEIPT BY THE DEVELOPER OF YOUR CANCELLATION NOTICE, OR ON OR BEFORE THE FIFTH CALENDAR DAY AFTER THE DATE THE DEVELOPER RECEIVES GOOD FUNDS FROM THE PURCHASER, WHICHEVER IS LATER, AND ANY SECURITY INTEREST ARISING OUT OF THE TRANSACTION WILL BE CANCELLED.”.
(b) Immediately following the required statements in subsection (a) of this section shall be a space reserved for the signature of the purchaser.
(c) The purchase contract shall also include the following:
(1) The name and address of the developer and the address of the time share property or the address of any available time share interest being offered;
(2) The name of the person or persons primarily involved in the sales presentation on behalf of the developer;
(3) A statement disclosing the amount of the periodic assessments currently assessed against or collected from the purchasers of the time share interest;
(4) The date the purchaser signs the contract; and
(5) The following statement, in conspicuous type, or similar language or type if required by the jurisdiction in which the time share property or properties are located:
“AS A TIME SHARE OWNER, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO REQUEST A WRITTEN ANNUAL TIME SHARE FEE AND EXPENSE STATEMENT. THIS STATEMENT IS PREPARED ANNUALLY BY THE MANAGING ENTITY AND WILL BE AVAILABLE NOT LATER THAN FIVE MONTHS AFTER (INSERT THE DATE OF THE LAST DAY OF THE FISCAL YEAR). YOU MAY REQUEST THE STATEMENT BY WRITING TO (INSERT NAME AND ADDRESS OF THE MANAGING ENTITY). ”.
(d) The information required to be provided by this section may be provided in the purchase contract or in an exhibit to the purchase contract, or it may be provided in part in both if all of the information is provided.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Connecticut General Statutes Title 42. Business, Selling, Trading and Collection Practices § 42-103qq. Purchase contract statements - last updated June 28, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ct/title-42-business-selling-trading-and-collection-practices/ct-gen-st-sect-42-103qq/
Was this helpful?