Skip to main content

Connecticut General Statutes Title 27. Armed Forces and Veterans § 27-200. Place of confinement.  Hard labor

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) A sentence of confinement adjudged by a military court, whether or not the sentence includes discharge or dismissal, and whether or not the discharge or dismissal has been executed, may be carried into execution by confinement in any place of confinement under the control of any of the forces of the state military forces or in any jail, penitentiary, or prison designated for that purpose.  Persons so confined in a jail, penitentiary, or prison are subject to the same discipline and treatment as persons confined or committed to the jail, penitentiary, or prison by the courts of the state.

(b) The omission of the words “hard labor” from any sentence or punishment of a court-martial adjudging confinement does not deprive the authority executing that sentence or punishment of the power to require hard labor as a part of the punishment.

(c) The keepers, officers, and wardens of community correctional centers and of other jails, penitentiaries, or prisons designated by the Governor, or by such person as he may authorize to act under section 27-150, shall receive persons ordered into confinement before trial and persons committed to confinement by a military court and shall confine them according to law.  No such keeper, officer, or warden may require payment of any fee or charge for so receiving or confining a person.

Cite this article: - Connecticut General Statutes Title 27. Armed Forces and Veterans § 27-200. Place of confinement.  Hard labor - last updated June 28, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard