As used in this chapter:
(1) “Mobile manufactured home” means a detached residential unit having three-dimensional components which are intrinsically mobile with or without a wheeled chassis or a detached residential unit built on or after June 15, 1976, in accordance with federal manufactured home construction and safety standards, and, in either case, containing sleeping accommodations, a flush toilet, tub or shower bath, kitchen facilities and plumbing and electrical connections for attachment to outside systems, and designed for long-term occupancy and to be placed on rigid supports at the site where it is to be occupied as a residence, complete and ready for occupancy, except for minor and incidental unpacking and assembly operations and connection to utilities systems;
(2) “Mobile manufactured home park” or “park” means a plot of ground upon which two or more mobile manufactured homes, occupied for residential purposes are located;
(3) “Mobile manufactured home space or lot” means a plot of ground within a mobile manufactured home park designed for the accommodation of one mobile manufactured home;
(4) “Licensee” means any person licensed to operate and maintain a mobile manufactured home park under the provisions of this chapter;
(5) “Resident” means a person who owns, or rents and occupies, a mobile manufactured home in a mobile manufactured home park;
(6) “Department” means the Department of Consumer Protection;
(7) “Owner” means a licensee or permittee or any person who owns, operates or maintains a mobile manufactured home park;
(8) “Dwelling unit” means a mobile manufactured home;
(9) “Person” means an individual, corporation, limited liability company, the state or any political subdivision thereof, agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, two or more persons having a joint or common interest, and any other legal or commercial entity;
(10) “Premises” means a dwelling unit and facilities and appurtenances therein and grounds, areas and facilities held out for the use of residents generally or whose use is promised to the resident;
(11) “Rent” means all periodic payments to be made to the owner under the rental agreement;
(12) “Rental agreement” means all agreements, written or oral, and valid rules and regulations adopted under subsection (d) of section 21-70 , embodying the terms and conditions concerning the use and occupancy of a dwelling unit or premises.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.