Colorado Revised Statutes Title 9. Safety Industrial and Commercial § 9-4-106. Owner to report boilers--wrongful use--inspection of new installations
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) It is the duty of the owner or user of boilers, except those boilers exempt from the provisions of this article under section 9-4-104, used or which are to be used in this state, to report to the section the location of newly installed or relocated boilers.
(2) Before the installers of any boiler have boilers placed in service, they shall notify the section, which, within ten days or as soon thereafter as possible from the date of receiving such notification, shall send an inspector to examine said boilers to determine that the construction, material, bracing, fuel and fluid supply systems, control apparatus, combustion air and ventilating air, electric wiring, piping, and all other parts of such boilers are such as to assure the safety of the boilers.
(3) Upon completion of installation, all boilers shall be inspected by a state boiler inspector. At the time of inspection, each boiler shall be assigned a serial number by the inspector, which serial number shall be stamped on or affixed to the boiler.
(4) The serial number and letters, whether stamped on or affixed to the boiler, shall not be less than five-sixteenths of an inch in height, and the serial number shall be preceded by the letters “Colo”. The stamping shall not be concealed by lagging or paint and shall be exposed at all times. Metal tags shall be furnished by the section on which the assigned number may be stamped. The tag shall be securely affixed to the boiler in the area of the manufacturer's identification and must be used when the metal of which the boiler is made may be damaged by direct stamping.
(5) The owners or users of boilers, or engineers in charge of same, shall not allow a greater pressure in any boiler than is stated on the certificate of inspection issued by the section. No person or business entity shall use any boiler that has been condemned as unsafe by a state boiler inspector. No person or business entity shall operate a boiler without a valid certificate of inspection.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 9. Safety Industrial and Commercial § 9-4-106. Owner to report boilers--wrongful use--inspection of new installations - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-9-safety-industrial-and-commercial/co-rev-st-sect-9-4-106/
Was this helpful?