Colorado Revised Statutes Title 8. Labor and Industry § 8-44-108. Repayments for misclassifications
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Every insurance carrier authorized to transact business in this state, including Pinnacol Assurance, which insures employers against liability for compensation under the provisions of articles 40 to 47 of this title, is authorized to charge and collect any amount of money that should have been included in premiums paid by an insured but were not included in such premiums as a result of job misclassification. Upon written request by the employer, the issue of whether a job misclassification occurred shall be determined in writing by the insurance company. The employer's request shall be made within thirty working days after the anniversary date of the policy or the date of receipt by the employer of notice of a change in job classification. The insurance company's determination shall be made within thirty days after receipt of the employer's written request. An employer may appeal any determination of an insurance company made pursuant to this subsection (1) to the workers' compensation classification appeals board, pursuant to section 8-55-102. If it is determined that a job misclassification occurred and that such misclassification was caused by the failure of the insured to provide accurate or complete data in order to determine the proper classification as requested by the insurance carrier, the repayment may be collected during the term of the contract for such insurance plus an additional reasonable time not to exceed twelve months.
(2) Any employer who has purchased insurance against liability for compensation under the provisions of articles 40 to 47 of this title is authorized to recover any amount of money which should not have been included in premiums paid by the employer but which were included in such premiums as a result of job misclassification. The repayment may be collected during the term of the contract for such insurance plus an additional reasonable time not to exceed twelve months.
(a) Subject to conditions necessary to carry out the purposes and requirements of this subtitle, the Trust, on application by a land trust, may provide a grant to the applicant from the Grant Fund.
(b) The Trust may make a grant to an applicant only if:
(1) The applicant meets the qualifications required by this subtitle;
(2) The grant is to be used only for the acquisition of interests or rights in real property for recreational or preservation purposes;
(3) The Department approves the project as being in conformity with the Department's criteria governing land acquired under a State grant from Program Open Space;
(4) The trustees of the Trust approve the grant; and
(5) The Board of Public Works approves the grant.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 8. Labor and Industry § 8-44-108. Repayments for misclassifications - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-8-labor-and-industry/co-rev-st-sect-8-44-108/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?