Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A nonprofit corporation shall keep as permanent records minutes of all meetings of its members and board of directors, a record of all actions taken by the members or board of directors without a meeting, a record of all actions taken by a committee of the board of directors in place of the board of directors on behalf of the nonprofit corporation, and a record of all waivers of notices of meetings of members and of the board of directors or any committee of the board of directors.
(2) A nonprofit corporation shall maintain appropriate accounting records.
(3) A nonprofit corporation or its agent shall maintain a record of its members in a form that permits preparation of a list of the name and address of all members in alphabetical order, by class, showing the number of votes each member is entitled to vote.
(4) A nonprofit corporation shall maintain its records in written form or in another form capable of conversion into written form within a reasonable time.
(5) A nonprofit corporation shall keep a copy of each of the following records at its principal office:
(a) Its articles of incorporation;
(b) Its bylaws;
(c) Resolutions adopted by its board of directors relating to the characteristics, qualifications, rights, limitations, and obligations of members or any class or category of members;
(d) The minutes of all members' meetings, and records of all action taken by members without a meeting, for the past three years;
(e) All written communications within the past three years to members generally as members;
(f) A list of the names and business or home addresses of its current directors and officers;
(g) A copy of its most recent periodic report pursuant to part 5 of article 90 of this title; and
(h) All financial statements prepared for periods ending during the last three years that a member could have requested under section 7-136-106.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 7. Corporations and Associations § 7-136-101. Corporate records - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-7-corporations-and-associations/co-rev-st-sect-7-136-101/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?