(a) A secured party's disposition of collateral after default:
(1) Transfers to a transferee for value all of the debtor's rights in the collateral;
(2) Discharges the security interest under which the disposition is made; and
(3) Discharges any subordinate security interest or other subordinate lien.
(b) A transferee that acts in good faith takes free of the rights and interests described
in subsection (a) of this section, even if the secured party fails to comply with
this article or the requirements of any judicial proceeding.
(c) If a transferee does not take free of the rights and interests described in subsection
(a) of this section, the transferee takes the collateral subject to:
(1) The debtor's rights in the collateral;
(2) The security interest or agricultural lien under which the disposition is made;
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.