Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) An effective financing statement may be amended to add or delete collateral, or otherwise to amend the information provided in the effective financing statement, by filing an amendment with the central filing officer that identifies the effective financing statement to which the amendment relates by providing its file number, filing office where originally filed, and date filed.
(2) An effective financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds collateral is effective as to the added collateral only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(3) An effective financing statement that is amended by an amendment that adds a debtor is effective as to the added debtor only from the date of the filing of the amendment.
(4) If the security interest is terminated as to one or more of the farm products shown on the filed effective financing statement and the effective financing statement is to remain effective as to one or more other farm products, the secured party shall, within thirty days after such partial termination, file an amendment reflecting such partial termination with the central filing officer. If the affected secured party fails to file an amendment reflecting such partial termination within the thirty-day period, the secured party shall be liable to the debtor for five hundred dollars and, in addition, for any loss caused to the debtor by such failure.
(5) An amendment to an effective financing statement to delete collateral does not amend or otherwise impair the perfection of any security interest perfected by the effective financing statement for purposes of article 9 of this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 4. Uniform Commercial Code § 4-9.5-105.7. Amendment of effective financing statements - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-4-uniform-commercial-code/co-rev-st-sect-4-9-5-105-7/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.