Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this part 5 and part 8 of this article 12, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Common areas” means the facilities and appurtenances to a residential premises, including the grounds, areas, and facilities held out for the use of tenants generally or whose use is promised to a tenant.
(2) “Dwelling unit” means a structure or the part of a structure that is used as a home, residence, or sleeping place by a tenant.
(3) “Landlord” means the owner, manager, lessor, or sublessor of a residential premises.
(4) “Rental agreement” means the agreement, written or oral, embodying the terms and conditions concerning the use and occupancy of a residential premises.
(5) “Residential premises” means a dwelling unit, the structure of which the unit is a part, and the common areas.
(6) “Tenant” means a person entitled under a rental agreement to occupy a dwelling unit to the exclusion of others.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 38. Property Real and Personal § 38-12-502. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-38-property-real-and-personal/co-rev-st-sect-38-12-502/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.