Colorado Revised Statutes Title 33. Parks and Wildlife § 33-6-114. Transportation, importation, exportation, and release of wildlife
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) It is unlawful for any person to transport or to export any wildlife or portion thereof within or from this state except in accordance with the rules or regulations of the commission.
(2) It is unlawful for any person to import any live wildlife into this state unless an importation license is obtained prior to importation, a current and valid health certificate accompanies each shipment, and such importation is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the commission.
(3) It is unlawful for any person to release, or knowingly allow the escape of, any live native or nonnative or exotic wildlife in Colorado except in accordance with the rules and regulations of the commission.
(3.5) This section does not apply to the transportation, importation, exportation, and release of live native or nonnative fish or viable gametes (eggs and sperm) which are governed by section 33-6-114.5.
(4) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of two hundred dollars for violations involving native wildlife and by a fine of not less than two hundred fifty dollars nor more than one thousand dollars for violations involving nonnative or exotic wildlife. In addition, for violations involving either native wildlife or nonnative or exotic wildlife, five license suspension points per incident may be assessed by the division against an individual's license privileges.
(5) This section shall not apply to aquatic nuisance species, which shall be governed by article 10.5 of this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 33. Parks and Wildlife § 33-6-114. Transportation, importation, exportation, and release of wildlife - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-33-parks-and-wildlife/co-rev-st-sect-33-6-114/
Was this helpful?