Colorado Revised Statutes Title 30. Government County § 30-28-302. Definitions
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this part 3, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Irregular, divided area” means an area containing parcels of less than thirty-five acres which are either irregular parcels or parcels which were platted prior to June 1, 1972.
(2) “Irregular parcel” means a parcel of land which is not uniquely defined on a subdivision plat but which is described by any of the following methods:
(a) An aliquot part of a section;
(b) A metes and bounds description;
(c) A book and page or reception number reference;
(d) Any so-called “assessor's tract”;
(e) A description which calls only for the owner's or adjoiner's name.
(3) “Land division study area” means an area of land which qualifies as an irregular, divided area as defined in subsection (1) of this section, and which has been designated by the board of county commissioners for the purpose of preparing a plan for platting in accordance with the provisions of section 30-28-304.
(4) “Land surveyor” means a person registered or licensed pursuant to part 3 of article 120 of title 12.
(5) “Parcel” means a contiguous area of land, except for intervening easements and rights-of-way with a continuous boundary defined either by the methods specified in subsection (2) of this section, when the description of the parcel has been recorded in the office of the county clerk and recorder or by reference to a recorded subdivision plat.
(6) “Property owner” or “owner” means the person or persons who hold title to a parcel of land as shown on the property tax assessment roll in the office of the county assessor.
(7) “Subdivision exemption plat” or “exemption plat” means a subdivision plat which depicts a division of land or the creation of an interest in property for which the board of county commissioners has granted an exemption from subdivision regulations pursuant to section 30-28-101(10)(d) and which is suitable for recording pursuant to section 38-51-105, C.R.S.
(8) “Subdivision plat” means a map of a platted subdivision recorded for the purpose of creating land parcels which can be identified uniquely by reference to such map.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 30. Government County § 30-28-302. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-30-government-county/co-rev-st-sect-30-28-302/
Was this helpful?