As used in this part 13, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Commission” means the Southern Ute Indian tribe/state of Colorado environmental commission established
by this part 13.
(2) “Division” means the division in the department of public health and environment that pertains
to air pollution control.
(3) “EPA” means the United States environmental protection agency.
(4) “Fee land” means real property located within the reservation that is owned in fee by non-Indians.
(5) “Intergovernmental agreement” means the agreement entered into by the Southern Ute Indian tribe and the state
of Colorado, as set forth in House Bill 00-1324, enacted at the second regular session
of the sixty-second general assembly.
(6) “Reservation” means the Southern Ute Indian reservation, the exterior boundaries of which were
confirmed in the act of May 21, 1984, P.L. 98-290, 98 Stat. 201, 202 (found at “other provisions” note to 25 U.S.C. sec. 668).
(7) “Reservation air program” means the regulatory air quality program established by the commission for all persons,
lands, and air pollution sources within the exterior boundaries of the reservation.
(8) “State” means the state of Colorado.
(9) “Tribe” means the Southern Ute Indian tribe.
(10) “Trust land” means land within the reservation held in trust by the United States of America
for the benefit of the tribe or individual Indians.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.