As used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Alternative forms of payment” means forms of payment, including but not limited to credit, charge, or debit cards,
other than cash or check.
(2) “Collector state governmental entity” means any state governmental entity that collects moneys payable to the state that
the state governmental entity must remit to one or more other state or local governmental
(3) “Moneys payable to the state” means moneys owed or paid to any state governmental entity other than bail bonds,
judicial bonds, or other moneys that the state governmental entity must return to
the payer upon the satisfaction of one or more specified conditions by the payer.
(4) “Provider of alternative forms of payment” means a person or entity, including but not limited to an issuer of credit, charge,
or debit cards, that provides its customers with the ability to use one or more alternative
forms of payment.
(5) “State governmental entity” means the state, any department, agency, or other entity of the state, any state-sponsored
institution of higher education, or any authorized agent of any of the foregoing.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.