Colorado Revised Statutes Title 23. Postsecondary Education § 23-16-203. Service of process--subpoenas
Search Colorado Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) At all times while acting as an athlete agent in this state, a nonresident individual shall continuously maintain in this state a registered agent. The registered agent shall be:
(1) An individual who is eighteen years of age or older and whose primary residence or usual place of business is in this state;
(2) A domestic entity having a usual place of business in this state; or
(3) A foreign entity authorized to transact business or conduct activities in this state that has a usual place of business in this state.
(b) The registered agent of the nonresident individual is an agent of the individual authorized to receive service of any process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the individual in any civil action in this state related to an individual acting as an athlete agent.
(c) If a nonresident individual acting as an athlete agent in this state who is required to maintain a registered agent pursuant to this part 2 has no registered agent, or if the registered agent is not located under its registered agent name at its registered agent address, or if the registered agent cannot with reasonable diligence be served, the nonresident individual acting as an athlete agent in this state may be served by registered mail or by certified mail, return receipt requested, addressed to the nonresident athlete agent at his or her principal office address. Service is perfected under this subsection (c) at the earliest of:
(1) The date the nonresident athlete agent receives the process, notice, or demand;
(2) The date shown on the return receipt, if signed on behalf of the nonresident athlete agent; or
(3) Five days after mailing.
(d) This section does not prescribe the only means, or necessarily the required means, of serving a nonresident athlete agent in this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 23. Postsecondary Education § 23-16-203. Service of process--subpoenas - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-23-postsecondary-education/co-rev-st-sect-23-16-203/
Was this helpful?