Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Any cause of action established by this part 8 shall be in addition to and not in lieu of any other cause of action available to a plaintiff.
(2) A person whose possession, use, or distribution of illegal drugs is authorized by law is not liable for damages under this part 8.
(3) A law enforcement officer or agency, the state, or a person acting at the direction of a law enforcement officer or agency or the state is not liable for participating in the marketing of illegal drugs if the participation is in furtherance of an official investigation.
(4) Two or more persons may join together in one action under section 13-21-804 if any portion of the period of illegal drug use of the individual illegal drug user whose actions resulted in the damages to one plaintiff overlaps with the period of illegal drug use of the individual illegal drug users whose actions resulted in the damages to every other plaintiff.
(5) A third party shall not pay damages awarded under this part 8 or provide a defense or money for a defense on behalf of an insured under a contract of insurance or indemnification.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 13. Courts and Court Procedure § 13-21-805. Nonexclusiveness--exceptions to liability--joinder - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-13-courts-and-court-procedure/co-rev-st-sect-13-21-805/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.