(1) A person training to be a licensed hearing aid provider shall submit to the director
an application containing the information described in subsection (2) of this section
and shall pay an apprentice license fee determined and collected pursuant to section 12-20-105.
(2) On and after June 1, 2014, the director shall issue an apprentice license to a
person who provides, to the director's satisfaction, verification of training to become
a licensed hearing aid provider, which training is under the direct supervision of
a licensed hearing aid provider whose license is in good standing.
(3) During the training period:
(a) An apprentice is not permitted to sell hearing aids independently of the supervising
licensed hearing aid provider;
(b) A supervising licensed hearing aid provider retains ultimate responsibility for
the care provided by the apprentice and is subject to disciplinary action by the director
for failure to provide adequate supervision.
(4) Any person issued an apprentice license under this section is subject to:
(5) An apprentice license issued under this section is renewable and is subject to
(6) A person in this state training to be a licensed hearing aid provider must possess
a valid apprentice license issued by the director pursuant to this article 230 and
rules promulgated pursuant to this article 230.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.