Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Every insurer issuing policies of dwelling fire insurance, homeowners insurance, or automobile insurance subject to the provisions of part 6 of this article shall, as a condition of doing business in this state, have on file for public inspection at the division a summary disclosure form that contains a simple explanation of the major coverages and exclusions of such policies of insurance together with a recitation of general factors considered in cancellation, nonrenewal, and increase in premium situations. Each summary disclosure form shall provide notice in bold face letters that the policyholder should read the policy for complete details, and such disclosure form shall not be construed to replace any provision of the policy itself. In the event of any conflict between the policy and the disclosure form, the provisions of the policy shall prevail.
(2) Every insurer shall update disclosure forms periodically subject to changes in major coverages and exclusions of such policies of insurance and changes in factors considered in cancellation, nonrenewal, and increase in premium situations.
(3) Every insurer or its designated agent shall furnish the required disclosure form to:
(a) Applicants for insurance coverage at the time of the initial insurance purchase;
(b) Policyholders of any renewal policy when there are changes in major coverages and exclusions or changes in factors considered in cancellation, nonrenewal, and increase in premium situations; and
(c) Homeowner's insurance policyholders at least annually.
(4) Any insurer who violates the provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall be deemed to have engaged in unfair or deceptive acts or practices prohibited by section 10-3-1104(1)(a)(I) and shall be subject to the penalties provided in section 10-3-1108 and 10-3-1109.
(5) In addition to the disclosure requirements in this section, every insurer or producer who issues automobile insurance policies pursuant to part 6 of this article shall comply with the disclosure requirements in section 10-4-636.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Colorado Revised Statutes Title 10. Insurance § 10-4-111. Summary disclosure forms required - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-10-insurance/co-rev-st-sect-10-4-111/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.