(1) The board of canvassers for a special legislative election shall be organized
as provided in section 1-10-101.
(2) The county clerk and recorder shall contact the secretary of state on election
night with the unofficial count.
(3) The board of canvassers for a special legislative election shall commence a survey
of the returns on the day following such election.
(4) The certified survey of returns shall be sent by certified mail or hand delivered
to the secretary of state no later than the close of business on the fifth day after
the special legislative election.
(5) Upon receipt of the certified survey of returns, the secretary of state shall
issue a certificate of election to the candidate who received the highest number of
votes and shall transmit a copy of the certificate to the appropriate house of the
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.