Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) General policy. The borrower will not give a lien on Agency security without the consent of the Agency. Failure to obtain Agency consent will be considered by the Agency when making eligibility determinations for future requests for assistance and may adversely impact such requests.
(b) Conditions for consent. The Agency will consent to the terms of a junior lien if all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The borrower's ability to make scheduled loan payments is not jeopardized;
(2) The borrower provides the Agency a copy of the farm operating plan submitted to the junior lienholder, and the plan is consistent with the Agency operating plan;
(3) The total debt against the security does not exceed the security's market value;
(4) The junior lienholder agrees in writing not to foreclose the security instrument unless written notice is provided to the Agency;
(5) The borrower is unable to graduate on any program except for CL; and
(6) The junior lien will not otherwise adversely impact the Agency's financial interests.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.765.206 Junior liens - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-765-206/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.