Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In any case in which it appears that such procedure will expedite the proceeding, the hearing officer may, prior to the commencement of the hearing, request the parties to meet with him or to correspond with him regarding any of the following:
(1) Simplification and clarification of the issues;
(2) Necessity or desirability of amendments to the pleadings;
(3) Stipulations, admissions of fact and of the contents and authenticity of documents;
(4) Matters of which official notice will be taken;
(5) Limitation of the number of experts or other witnesses;
(6) Disposal of all motions; and
(7) Such other matters as may expedite and aid in the disposition of the proceeding.
(b) The hearing officer shall enter in the record a written summary of the results of the conference or correspondence with the parties.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.15.110 Prehearing conferences - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-15-110/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.