Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Except for the exclusions specified in paragraph (b) of this section, in order to qualify for matching payments, eligible material must meet the following requirements:
(1) Eligible material must be collected or harvested by the eligible material owner:
(i) Directly from:
(A) National Forest System land, Bureau of Land Management land;
(B) Non–Federal land; or
(C) Land belonging to an Indian or Indian tribe that is held in trust by the United States or subject to a restriction against alienation imposed by the United States;
(ii) Consistent with a conservation plan, forest stewardship plan, or plan that CCC determined to be an equivalent plan, that provides the following:
(A) The purpose of the harvest of the eligible material;
(B) The expected volume of the harvest;
(C) The total number of acres to be harvested;
(D) The name of the eligible material owner(s); and
(E) Any additional information, as determined by CCC; and
(iii) Consistent with Executive Order 13112, “Invasive Species.”
(2) Woody eligible material produced on land other than contract acreage must be:
(i) By-products of preventative treatments that were removed to reduce hazardous fuels or to reduce or contain disease or insect infestation; and
(ii) If harvested from Federal lands then done so in accordance with the requirements for old-growth maintenance, restoration, and management direction provided by 16 U.S.C. 6512 for Federal lands; and
(3) Eligible material must be delivered to a qualified biomass conversion facility (as specified in § 1450.101 and other provisions of these regulations).
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this section, payments under this subpart are not authorized for:
(1) Any eligible material delivered before May 28, 2015;
(2) Any eligible material for which payment from a biomass conversion facility was received before the application for payment under this subpart is received and approved by the FSA county office, as specified in § 1450.104;
(3) Material that is whole grain from any crop that is eligible to receive payments under title I of the Agricultural Act of 2014 or an amendment made by that title, including, but not limited to, barley, corn, grain sorghum, oats, rice, or wheat; honey; mohair; certain oilseeds such as canola, crambe, flaxseed, mustard seed, rapeseed, safflower seed, soybeans, sesame seed, and sunflower seeds; peanuts; pulse; chickpeas, lentils, and dry peas; dairy products; sugar; and wool and cotton boll fiber;
(4) Animal waste and by-products of animal waste including fats, oil, grease, and manure;
(5) Food waste and yard waste;
(7) Woody eligible material that is not a by-product of a preventative treatment to reduce hazardous fuel or to reduce or contain disease or insect infestation;
(8) Any woody eligible material collected or harvested outside contract acreage that would otherwise be used for higher-value products;
(9) Any otherwise eligible material collected or harvested outside contract acreage that, after delivery to a biomass conversion facility, its campus, or its affiliated facilities, must be separated from an eligible material used for a higher-value market product in order to be used for heat, power, biobased products, research, or advanced biofuels; or
(c) For eligible woody material harvested or collected from public lands, a person having the right to harvest or collect eligible material pursuant to a contract or permit with the U.S. Forest Service or other appropriate Federal agency will not be eligible for additional haul costs unless the facility is a further distance than specified in the contract requirement or the material was not a mandatory removal item from Federal lands.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.1450.103 Eligible material for payments - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-1450-103/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.