Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) As agreed between CCC and the participant, a CRP contract may be modified in order to:
(1) Decrease acreage in CRP, provided that such modification will be considered a partial termination for purposes of § 1410.32(e);
(2) Permit the production of an agricultural commodity under exceptional circumstances during a crop year on all or part of the land subject to the CRP contract;
(3) Facilitate the practical administration of CRP; or
(4) During the last 2 years of the CRP contract period, facilitate a transition of land subject to the contract to a beginning, socially disadvantaged, or veteran farmer or rancher for the purpose of returning some or all of the land into production using sustainable grazing or crop production methods. For purposes of this paragraph (a)(4), “sustainable grazing and crop production methods” will be considered methods that would be designed as part of an overall plan defined on an ecosystem level to be useful in the creation of integrated systems of plant and animal production practices that have a site specific application that would:
(i) Enhance the environment and the natural resource base;
(ii) Use nonrenewable resources efficiently; and
(iii) Sustain the economic viability of the farming operation.
(b) CCC may modify CRP contracts to add or substitute practices when:
(1) The installed practice failed to adequately provide for the desired environmental benefit through no fault of the participant; or
(2) The installed measure deteriorated because of conditions beyond the control of the participant; and
(3) Another practice will achieve at least the same level of environmental benefit.
(c) Offers to extend contracts may be made as allowed by law.
(d) For the transfer of land into WRP, ACEP, or other Federal or State programs:
(1) CCC may terminate or modify a CRP contract in whole or in part when the land is transferred into WRP, ACEP, or other Federal or State programs.
(2) For contracts terminated or modified for enrollment in other Federal or State programs, participants will not be required to refund CRP payments or pay interest and liquidated damages to CCC, as otherwise required under this part.
(3) Notwithstanding paragraph (d)(2) of this section, participants must refund CRP signup incentive payments if land in CRP containing a wetland reserve easement is enrolled in ACEP.
(e) During the final year of the CRP contract period, CCC will allow an owner or operator to make conservation and land improvements for economic use that facilitate maintaining protection of enrolled land after expiration of the CRP contract, but only under the following conditions:
(1) All provisions are identified in an approved CRP conservation plan;
(2) Land improved in accordance with paragraph (e) of this section will not be eligible to be re-enrolled in CRP for 5 years after end of the CRP contract period; and
(3) CCC will reduce the final annual rental payment otherwise payable under the CRP contract by an amount commensurate with the economic value of the activity carried out.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 7. Agriculture § 7.1410.33 Contract modifications - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-7-agriculture/cfr-sect-7-1410-33/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.