(a) In order to approve your operations permit application, the Service must determine
that your operations will:
(1) Use technologically feasible, least damaging methods; and
(2) Meet all applicable operating standards.
(b) Before operations begin, you must submit to the Service:
(1) Financial assurance in the amount specified by the Service and in accordance with
the requirements of §§ 29.150 through 29.154, Financial Assurance;
(2) Proof of liability insurance with limits sufficient to cover injuries to persons
or property caused by your operations; and
(3) A statement under penalty of perjury, signed by an official who is authorized to
legally bind the company, stating that proposed operations are in compliance with
any applicable Federal law or regulation or any applicable State law or regulation
related to non–Federal oil and gas operations and that all information submitted to
the Service is true and correct.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.