Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Actual cost shall be determined as follows:
(a) The actual cost of a vessel shall be the sum of:
(1) The total cost of the project depreciated on a straight-line basis, over the project property's useful life, using a 10–percent salvage value; and
(2) The current market value of appurtenant limited access privileges or transferable limited access privileges vested in the name of the obligor, the subject vessel or their owners, provided that such privileges are utilized by or aboard the subject vessel and will be pledged as collateral for the subject FFP financing.
(b) The actual cost of a facility shall be the sum of:
(1) The total cost of the project, not including land, depreciated on a straightline basis over the Project Property's useful life, using a 10–percent salvage value;
(2) The current market value of the land that will be pledged as collateral for the subject FFP financing, provided that such land is utilized by the facility; and
(3) The net present value of the payments due under a long term lease of land or marine use rights, provided that they meet the following requirements:
(i) The project property must be located at such leased space or directly use such marine use rights;
(ii) Such lease or marine use right must have a duration the Program deems sufficient; and
(iii) The lease or marine use right must be assigned to the Program such that the Program may foreclose and transfer such lease to another party.
(c) The actual cost of a transferable limited access privilege shall be determined as follows:
(1) For financing the purchase of limited access privileges, the actual cost shall be the purchase cost.
(2) For refinancing limited access privileges, the actual cost shall be the current market value.
(d) The actual cost of any Project that includes any combination of items described in paragraphs (a), (b) or (c) of this section shall be the sum of such calculations.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 50. Wildlife and Fisheries § 50.253.16 Actual cost - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-50-wildlife-and-fisheries/cfr-sect-50-253-16/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?