Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Wildlife and plants may be used by the Service or transferred to another government agency (including foreign agencies) for official use including, but not limited to, one or more of the following purposes:
(1) Training government officials to perform their official duties;
(2) Identifying protected wildlife or plants, including forensic identification or research;
(3) Educating the public concerning the conservation of wildlife or plants;
(4) Conducting law enforcement operations in performance of official duties;
(5) Enhancing the propagation or survival of a species or other scientific purposes;
(6) Presenting as evidence in a legal proceeding involving the wildlife or plant; or
(7) Returning to the wild in accordance with § 12.34 of this part.
(b) Each transfer and the terms of the transfer must be documented.
(c) The agency receiving the wildlife or plants may be required to bear all costs of care, storage, and transportation in connection with the transfer from the date of seizure to the date of delivery.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 50. Wildlife and Fisheries § 50.12.35 Use by the Service or transfer to another government agency for official use - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-50-wildlife-and-fisheries/cfr-sect-50-12-35/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.