Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
If the Director determines that informal action, pursuant to § 2638.402, has not produced an acceptable resolution, the Director may issue an order directing the agency to take specific corrective action.
(a) Before issuing such an order, the Director will:
(1) Advise the agency in writing of the deficiency in its ethics program;
(2) Describe the action that the Director is considering taking;
(3) Provide the agency with 30 days to respond in writing; and
(4) Consider any timely written response submitted by the agency.
(b) If the Director is satisfied with the agency's response, no order will be issued.
(c) If the Director decides to issue an order, the order will describe the corrective action to be taken.
(d) If the agency does not comply with the order within a reasonable time, the Director will:
(1) Notify the head of the agency of intent to furnish a report of noncompliance to the President and the Congress;
(2) Provide the agency 14 calendar days within which to furnish written comments for submission with the report of noncompliance; and
(3) Report the agency's noncompliance to the President and to the Congress.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Code of Federal Regulations Title 5. Administrative Personnel § 5.2638.403 Formal action - last updated October 03, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/cfr/title-5-administrative-personnel/cfr-sect-5-2638-403/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?